Thursday, 3 May 2012

Mirena Coil wk 2

I am trying to be honest about my experience with this form of contraception as I have seen some negative experiences dominating the internet.
So this week I haven't had the added hormones from the mini pill and I feel all the better for it.
I had noticed my moodiness, more prominent in the mornings than other time. I could've blamed the fact on being a mother of a new baby but she is an excellent sleeper, settling for around 8:30pm each night and waking around 6am. No I definitely felt something else was to blame and since I took the pill every night, it made sense that it could be to blame. In the last week I have felt more with it in the am, going without my usual nap having fed the baby.
That's not to say I haven't been tired but it's not so bad. I've been able to do more in the evening too whereas before I'd just plonk myself in front of the telly now I want to do other things.
I'm really hoping this is the turnaround I have been needing as I like productive me.
I haven't noticed any negative side effects yet. I have had lower back niggles like I'd get with pms and maybe boobs have been a bit achey but nothing I can't live with.
Mr hasn't noticed anything since either during martial relations (tee hee) so that is reassuring.
I really hope this lasts for the 5 years as stipulated by the manufacturers. I really don't want to take any more pills and hope to live out this age gap between babies as I really think next one will be last as selfish as it sounds I don't know if I can repeat pregnancy and birth too many times, especially since it'll probably be another C-section which though had no complications during was a pain to recover from with 2 babes let alone 3. I would love to have 4 though. We'll see.

No comments: