Thursday, 6 September 2012

bring on the rain & Christmas!

The metro has been out of service for 28 long days. I walk into town but I like to venture out once a week to a different place and today I went to Wallsend to The X-Catalogue shop as they had some funky wellies in the Royal Quays store which were also for wider feet. I was going to settle for a black pair but the Wallsend held a wider selection and I found some in black with silver stars! Definitely my style and am now looking forward to the rain so I can have a legitimate reason to wear them.
OMG my tattoos, clothes and now my shoes adorned with stars!!!

I was also drawn to local pound shop that was closing down with a half price sale. I got drawn by the idea of the usual tatt only being 50p but this turned out to not be the case. Still I got some fake flowers in the sitting room colour scheme I am slowly implementing, a cooking spoon holder (one of those pointless kitchen things but I have wanted one for ages), a Christmas tree skirt and stickers for the window.


I love Christmas though this year and every one since last year (2011) will be different as the babies birthday falls just over a week before so I feel more of a need to make a fuss so to mark the 2 events as separate occasions. I will hold back from decorating the house till the day after though I think the 20th may be better. Aw well shops are starting to fill the seasonal aisle with decorations and sweet selection boxes. I noted that our local Oxfam had them up as early as 31st August, well they were lit up yesterday. Just looked daft.

Anyway I am really pleased as I love the Harry Potter books and films and had asked hubby for the accompanying book 'The Tales of Beedle The Bard' for my birthday. Well looking for books for the LO in a charity shop I found not one but TWO copies of it for under £1! I am beyond happy as I saw a copy online for £14 which I would have paid. Feel like my HP series is complete now.

I also found a copy of 'Politically Correct Bedtime Stories' which should please my hubby no end. I like niche books like this though I was bemused to find it in the kids section though I suppose that's what it sounds like.

I'm terrible for charity shops especially where books are concerned. I think I'll have to trim my own collection to either donate or store till we get more bookshelves.

No comments: